Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Some Truth About Americ'as Team


I never thought I’d put the Dallas Cowboys on my blog. Never crossed my mind that their poor performance would become a topic that I would write about.

But there is a very interesting thing going on at Valley Ranch. The Pokes are getting worse. And they have been ever since Jimmy Johnson left the organization and Jerry It’s-my-team-I’ll-do-it-my-way Jones took over as the day-to-day decision maker.

He has not drafted well. He had not traded well. He has had a string of rather lack-luster head coaches. And now we get this on-going release about how good Tony Romo is. His numbers are actually being compared to Danny White. But lest we forget, Danny White, as great a QB as many believe, never won the big one. He had great stats. Award-winning stats.

But stats do not win championships.

Here are some stats that should have Dallas fans worried.
Last in the NFL in offense.
Last in the NFL in scoring.
Near the bottom in total defense.
Last in the NFL in getting rid of problem players who can’t run the right routes or catch the ball.

Dez Bryant is just another of Jerry’s “project” players. And he’s not that good.

Dallas has been outcoached, outplayed and out drafted for at least seven years now. And it is time to re-evaluate the situation.

An ESPN announcer made a good observation last night when a colleague said, that the Cowboys were blessed with a plethora of Pro Bowl veterans. “I don’t want Pro Bowl payers on my team. I want Super Bowl players.”  That sums of the problem with the Silver and the Blue.

Enough slight of hand from the statisticians at Valley Ranch. It is time to lift the veil and let the sunlight shine in on the real facts.

The team sucks. Change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment