Sunday, February 26, 2012

Old Friends




 













Photo: Ted Karch

To my old friends

We marched to work together for decades
We climbed a mountain or two.
We stood and watched our home burn down
And babies born
And grandchildren arrive.

We’ve weathered the snows of winter
And the muds of spring and the heat and snakes of summer’s hottest days
You’ve been there with me
Supporting me
Holding me
Giving me the encouragement to keep on going

We been through much together.
You’ve found a new soul or two
And a heel here and there,
But overall you’re in tact
Just like I’d expect you to be.

Old friends. My dear old friends.
I’ve taken a real shining to you.
Stay with me one more season.
Stay close. Ready at a moments notice to get up and begin a new journey.

Dear old friends




No comments:

Post a Comment