Friday, February 3, 2012

A brief introduction

My name is John Crawley and I am a novelist, living in Texas. I spent a bazillion years in the ad game, but now find my time is best spent writing the prose I love and ranting on the dysfunctionality of our society.  Some call me liberal. Others accuse me of a bias for things left of center.  But the truth is, I am very independent.  And that is what you will get on this blog, should you decide to follow it.

My goal, is to give you a daily report on my view of the world, especially our role in it – and by our, I mean that of the United States.

I will also express an opinion or two on literature, science, medicine and the less-than-Supreme Court.

I encourage you to visit my website at wordsandsuch.com and see the listing for my books.  All are available in eBooks from the major sources, iBooks, Amazon Nook, etc.

I look forward to sharing with you thoughts of our journey over the next few years.  I can promise you, you will not always agree with me.  I hope that is true.  I hope I stir a dialog with folks who follow me. I will not always be right.  And I will tell you when I screw up.  I hope you are big enough to do the same.

I will not quote scripture at you, for I fear there has been way too much of that going on for far too long.  I will make arguments for reasonable people to contemplate and evaluate.  If you are a Fox News junkie and take everything they say at face value– you are not going to like this blog.  Same is true, if you think Rachael Maddow walks on water.

We'll get started soon.  Just wanted to let you know what you were in for. Enjoy the ride.

By the way, the name of the blog comes from an old saying about Austin, Texas.  It goes something like this – "Austin is a great city, too bad it has to be surrounded by the rest of Texas." Sometimes I feel terribly lost in the state.  Not geographically but psychologically. You'll see why soon enough.


Enjoy the journey.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very appropriate forum for your ramblings! Good call dad!

    ReplyDelete