Monday, May 6, 2013

What is yours may not be for long.


Adobe just announced that its Creative suite, including the famous Photoshop is now going to be “leased” software.  I knew this was coming with the advent of the cloud.  It has been rumored for a long time that Microsoft will do the same thing with Office and its workhorse WORD.

I have looked into the future and I do not like what I am seeing in the world of computers.  Maybe this is where the next generation of kids steps in and says, “We’ve got a better way….”  I certainly hope so. Renting software in context of Adobe, Apple and Mircosoft isn’t my idea of what computing and the Internet is all about.

This is NOT good news for consumers.  It is not good news for anybody using these products. Or people trying to upgrade in the future…It is Bad news.

This is what Steve Jobs left us with. Now how big a hero does he seem now?

No comments:

Post a Comment